Thursday, December 5, 2013

Warm Birthday Wishes

It's time for a new challenge at Seize The Birthday.  It's always anything goes, but this week we have an option for you to use anything to do with winter.  Here's my card.
 
 
I created my card for a friend who has a birthday this week.  I used the sweet PI Warm Wishes from MFT.  She is all dressed up in her warm winter coat and hat paper-pieced with Studio Calico Magical DSP (red).  The mats are from the same paper and the card base is SU Pink Pirouette.  The background DSP with snowflakes (more winter stuff) is from My Mind's Eye Merry Little Christmas 6x6 pad.  She is colored with Copics and mounted with foam dimensionals on Spellbinders Classic Oval and Scallop Oval die-cuts.  I added a balloon from SU Crazy for Cupcakes.  I made a mask of the image and used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to get the balloon string placed like she is holding it. I paper-pieced the balloon with SU Pink Piroutte CS.  The sentiment is created using "Warm" from the same PI set and "Birthday Wishes" from MFT's ala mode-Big Birthday Wishes. 
 
I am also going to enter this in The Pink Elephant Challenge - Winter
 
Stop by the Seize the Birthday blog and check out the rest of the creations by the Design Team and find out all the details on how you can play along. Can't wait to see what you create.
 
Seize the BirthdayDesign Team
Calypso Bastian
Glenda Wyatt
JoAnn Burnhamm
Jenny Jean Lim
Jodene Tripp
Macarena Ziuziakowska
Nancy Leppek
Sherry Gilson

6 comments:

  1. Love this MFT cutie--great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make those PI images so appealing! Love the snowy background paper, too. A very "warm" card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card, JoAnn!! Love the papers and sweet PI girl !! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Pink Elephant!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is super sweet JoAnn! The image is adorable and I love the pattern on the DSP.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just LOVE this card, JoAnn! Your coloring is just perfect and I LOVE the red coat with the red, pink and green BG!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your image that you color are always amazing! This paper piecing is incredible too..she appears to be floating off the page! Well done you as always!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.