Sunday, June 16, 2013

Merry Monday #66 - Merry Christmas

Here is my card for this week's Merry Monday #66 sketch challenge.  I barely got it finished in time.
 

















The card base and sentiment panel are SU Crumb Cake and the mats are SU Basic Black.  The holly leaves are from Spellbinders Little Leaf Sets cut out of SU Garden Green.  The little berries are silver dots from JoAnn's that I colored with a Sharpie marker.  The sentiment is from SU Greetings of the Season.  I used MFT Fishtail Flags Stax to cut the banners from Graphic 45 Christmas Emporium DSP pad.  The holly leaf print is from the same pad.   I left the bottom of the banners unglued and curled them up slightly with my fingers.

I am also linking my card to this challenge: http://www.festivefriday.blogspot.com/2013/06/welcome-back-to-new-challenge-here-at.html  for a vintage style Christmas card.  I think these papers from Graphic 45 have a vintage style.

That's it for my card.  Thanks for stopping by.  I appreciate your comments.

7 comments:

  1. nice blending colors linda little

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think these papers look vintage and I love that sprig of holly that you added! Thanks, JoAnn for sharing with us again at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - this is gorgeous JoAnn! I love the DSPs you've used and matting them in black makes them really stand out! The holly is a really sweet touch! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a nice take on that sketch, JoAnn! And the tiny prints give it the vintage feel we're looking for at Festive Friday...So glad you've played along with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you matted the DSP with the black card to make your card really pop and the silver coloured berries. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love how you worked with the sketch - we saw a lot of entries combining with this challenge! I think the font of your sentiment is also perfectly vintage, along with your papers. Beautiful! Thanks so much for joining Festive Friday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely tradition colours in this fun layout! Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.