Saturday, May 4, 2013

OWH NSD Challenge - Hey Dude

I am following the Operation Write Home NSC challenges today and on Paula's Blog she had a challenge to use a sketch and make a kid's card.  I used Bonus Sketch #1 from OWH.  For my card I used a new stamp I got yesterday at Hobby Lobby.  It is Skateboard Kiddo by Stampendous.  I stamped him on some X-Press It Blending Card with Mememto Tuxedo Black ink.  He is colored with Copics and Promarkers.  I paper-pieced the skateboard by stamping it on some wood design paper from MME Fiddlesticks 6x6 paper pad, cut it out and glued it on the stamped image.  I inked the edges of the image panel with some SU Bashful Blue ink, and inked the sentiment panel also.  I created the sentiment on my computer and it is mounted on foam dimensionals. The DSP are from MME Twinkle Twinkle Little Boy 12x12 pad and are textured and shiny, although it doesn't show up in the photo.  The white CS card base is Canvas Corp. Heavy Cardstock and the mats are SU Early Espresso.
 
That's it for my card.  Thanks for stopping by my blog.  I appreciate your comments.
 
Happy Stamping
JoAnn

7 comments:

  1. This is a great card JoAnn! The color combination is perfect for that energetic skater dude! I love the layout of your design too - nice work! Thanks for being a supporter of OWH! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card! The image and sentiment are perfect together. Cards for boys are not among the easiest to do but you really did a great job with this one. The paper pieced wood is terrific! Thanks for playing in my challenge in the VCMP this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE!!! And I so need that stamp. I weep that now that I've moved back home to the Pacific Northwest, I no longer have a Hobby Lobby, but since kids' cards are what I mostly make, I'm going to go online to find that one! Wonderful image, sentiment, and papers. You are going to make some boy's day! And I'd say that even if you didn't spell your name correctly. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, what a super cute and fun card with amazing coloring to match the dsp! I love every detail, and so will the young man who receives this! Great job on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! What an adorable image! Love your coloring and how you paper-pieced the skateboard, how awesome! That DSP is so perfect for a little boy's card, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your papers work together beautifully with your coloring - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a darling card! Great job coloring the cute image! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.