Friday, April 19, 2013

The Paper Players #141 Happy Birthday

I am playing in The Paper Players challenge this week.  I had to think about this color combo, but I like it.  I made a birthday card using the Top Note die from Stampin Up.  All the papers/CS are from SU also.  I punched squares from the Island Indigo, Baja Breeze and Crumb Cake DSP, adhered them to a 4x5" cs base and cut it out with the Top Note die. I trimmed around the edges where the perforations are and then embossed it with the SU Snow Burst EF.  I then mounted it to a Rich Razzleberry Top Note diecut.  I stamped the sentiment on a piece of Whisper White CS and cut it out with a Spellbinder's Classic Oval die and sponged Crumb Cake ink around the edges while it was still in the die. I mounted it to a Rich Razzleberry Scallop Oval die cut and mounted that with foam dimensionals. The sentiment is a stamp I got at JoAnn's a few years ago and does not have a name on it. I also inked the edges of the Crumb Cake DSP before adhering it to the Crumb Cake card base.  The Rich Razzleberry butterfly is from SU Popillion Potpurri and the flowers are from Verve's Grateful Elegance.  I added SU pearls to the flower centers and the butterfly body.
 
Thanks for stopping by my blog.  I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment.
Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

4 comments:

  1. JoAnn - I absolutely love this! Such a unique use of the Star Burst EF. Also love the use of the paper stack papers here. Thanks for playing along with The Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous, JoAnn! I love the quilted look to the color blocked background and the pretty pearl accents. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. JoAnn, this is really pretty! I love the quilted look and how you used the Starburst EF. And the font on that sentiment is gorgeous, I love it! A truly unique and beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. JoAnn, this is a beautiful card and the quilting just makes it. I love the colors. They just pop!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.