Thursday, April 18, 2013

Seize The Birthday #14

 
This is a great sketch for the Seize The Birthday challenge this week.  (Click on their name to go to their blog and check it out.)  I love playing with their sketches and getting some birthday cards completed. 
 
For my card I used the colors from The Dynamic Duo challenge, but just missed their deadline.  The time slipped up on me. I love this color combo although it took me awhile to get it together.  My card base and sentiment panel are by Canvas Corp.  The DSP is SU Bashful Blue & Pumpkin Pie.  I inked the flowers from Verve's One Person set in PP and stamped on Whisper White CS.  I used my blender pens and PP ink to add some light color to the leaves of the flowers, then cut them out and added some SU pearls to the centers.  They are mounted with foam tape.  The sentiment is from Verve's Birthday to You single stamp.  I love the differnt fonts and sizes in the sentiment.  I cut it out with a Spellbinders Classic Oval, inked the center with BB ink while it was still in the die, and them mounted it on a SP Scallop Oval and mounted it with foam tape.  I did some paper piercing around the top part of my card to add a little definition.

I really like how my card turned out and I am sorry I missed the deadline for The Dynamic Duo challenge.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.  I appreciate your comments.

ETA:  My card received birthday honors. 

4 comments:

  1. love the flowers with the pearls the colors set it off linda little

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really pretty and so similar to mine as far as the pattern paper. Only I used Aqua Mist and Melon Berry from PTI.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like what you did with this sketch. I'm debating whether to attempt it or not! Thanks for sharing your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so pretty and i love the flowers :) Thanks for joining us on Seize the Birthday this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.