Thursday, January 31, 2013

The Paper Players and Merry Monday

  Here is my card for this week's The Paper Players sketch and Merry Monday challenges.  I am loving these challenges.  Making a Christmas card each week is fun and this way I will have a stash of them come December.  Click on the names and it will take you to their blogs so you can play along with the challenges if you like.  For the Merry Monday challenge you choose a row like in Tic Tac Toe and create a Christmas card.  I chose the bottom row, designer paper, red and green, and ribbon.
My DSP is from the DCWV & Pebbles Christmas pads.
I stamped the image from SU Welcome Christmas in Mememto Tuxedo Black ink and cut it out with  a Labels Four Nestabillitie.  I sponged Sahara Sand ink around the die before taking it off. I traced around the die to cut out my SU Garden Green mat as the next larger die was too big.  I mounted this panel with foam dimensionals. The SU Real Red grossgrain ribbon matches the colors better in real life, it looks too bright in the photo with the light reflecting on it.  The white scalloped border under the red panel was made with a SU border punch.
 
Thanks for stopping by.  Comments are greatly appreciated.

9 comments:

  1. Very pretty, JoAnn! This designer paper is fabulous. I love how you sponged around the image. Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS!!! Love the DP you used with this wonderful image.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. This image reminds me of when I was a little girl, and my dad would pick me up so I could put the star on top of the tree. It was always the last thing to go on. Thanks for playing along this week at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is terrific....a great way to blend these two challenges! I love silhouettes, and this is one of my favs! Thanks so much for playing with my sketch this week as well as the Merry Monday tic-tac-toe challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great combination of papers and a beautifully stamped and sponged silhouette, JoAnn! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. JoAnn, this is a fabulous holiday card! Love the shading around the stamped image and the patterns really pop. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great image on your card. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the shading! Great CAS design. Thanks for playing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous CAS card, this image is fantastic. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.