Wednesday, February 23, 2011

My First Magnolia Card


I recently order a couple of Tilda stamps by Magnolia as I had seen so many pretty cards made with her. This is my first try at coloring her and also trying the Promarkers. Needless to say, I do need a lot of practice with coloring, but I think she turned out o.k. except for a couple of booboos. One is covered up by the paperpieced shopping bag.   The flower is made from EKSuccess large & med. retro flower punch. The large flower is punched with a MS punch to give it a different look.  I saw this idea on some other blogs I have visited and I really like the way it turns out.  All pieces were sponged with SU Soft Suede ink.
Supplies:  Cardstock:  SU Naturals White, Crumb Cake, and Riding Hood Red.
DSP:  October Afternoon (Thrift Shop);   Ink: Memento Black (for image) and SU Soft Suede;  Accessories:  MS Fern and EK Success Retro Flower punches; SU brad; SU Riding Hood Red ribbon;
Nestabilities.  Assorted Promarkers.

2 comments:

  1. What a cute card! Awesome job on the coloring! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card JoAnn & I'm so happy to see that you've picked one of the sweet Tildas to color so beautifully. LOVE the flower you made. Isn't it fun to turn a couple of punches into a whole new look ...
    Great little creation !!!
    Hugs, Janie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.